Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Good Old Days

Let me take you back to 1989. My best friend, Kristi, and I were madly in love with certain members of a boy band...namely the New Kids on the Block. Thats right. You heard me. I'm sayin it loud and proud. We were obsessed. Our walls were covered in posters. I used to stare at Jon as I fell asleep, thinking up ways we could meet. I was sure if I could just meet him that I could make him love me and I could have his babies. Nevermind that I was 14 years old. Little things like age don't matter when you're in love! We made them care packages and videos and traveled to Utah and San Diego to see them in concert! It was the greatest. Then they broke up and Kristi and I moved on with our lives. When they came in concert we knew we HAD to see them again and relive the glory days of our youth. Kristi has the greatest husband ever (if you don't count mine, of course) and he bought us tickets to go for Kristi's birthday! We went to dinner first at Texas Roadhouse....holy cow! I love their rolls and cinnamon butter! So it was a great start to the evening. Joey called just as we were pulling into the Jobing.com arena to remind me that we have a temple marriage and that he loves me way more than Jon ever could. Poor guy. He was a good sport about it. He asked if we were going to be throwing our bras up on stage and I told him we would try not to. I couldn't guarantee it.
It was so funny to see all the women in their early 30's just like us! A bunch of women who were as obsessed as we were 20 years ago! There were a couple long-suffering husbands that came along with their wives but mostly it was an arena full of ladies just like us! Too funny! Just our luck we sat next to two very drunk ladies. One even had to leave to throw up in the middle of the concert. What a waste! This was the view she presented us with. We couldn't see the stage well so we hopped some seats and moved to where we could see! It was so awesome! It brought back so many memories of those days! They sang a lot of their old songs as well as some new ones. My taste in music has evolved a lot since then but I still really liked their new songs! I haven't screamed and danced like that in I don't know how long. I felt 14 again! I don't know what kind of dance moves I was bustin out with but my calves are killing me today! It was so worth not going to bed until after 1:00a.m!


The New Kids ROCK! And I don't care what any of you haters say (you know who you are). Some of you may have read my sisters blog and be wondering how she could be so vengeful. Well, we love her anyways and are taking up a collection for therapy costs. It's called "issues". We've all got em. So give her a break!





14 comments:

Alisa said...

Kristi-
For some reason I'm having trouble emailing all the pictures to you. I'm making a CD instead and will just mail it.

Thanks for a great night!!

Kristi said...

Okay, that was the all time best post ever!! You said it perfectly! What a great night! Thanks for still being my Best Friend! I know it's been tough at times. hee hee! I was so lucky to have had the best memories a girl could ever have with you! Here's to the next 34 yrs! Thanks Joey for watching the kids and letting your great wife relive the 80's with me! Sorry to hear about your stomach issues! We should have known! The Circle K on Vanburen can't be trusted. Hope you're feeling better tonight. Thanks for trying to E-mail the pictures. I can run by and pick up the CD if that's easier. Call me

The Richards said...

Thats awesome! I wish i could have seen your moves!

Stacy said...

I will accept all donations to help resolve my childhood traumas. You owe me that much... :) And thanks for not hating me. I was hoping Kristi would not see my blog because you still have to be my sister and love my but she could have hated me forever! It looks like you guys had a great time. I would have love to seen you two carrying on. Was hard to find your van in the sea of minivans in the parking lot afterwards?

Alisa said...

Ha Ha! Yes. Minivans are cool ya know. Very functional.

The Haggartons said...

Hi Alisa,
This is hilarious! I was your Mia Maid adviser when you were so crazy about the New Kids and I remember how much you talked about them. So glad you grew out of it and married Joey instead of Jon. It looks like you and Kristi had a good time at the concert. I'm also glad you kept your bras on...you did, didn't you?
love, Shelly

Alisa said...

Does anyone out there want to adopt a 12 year old boy for the next 7 years (we'll take him back when it's time for him to go on his mission).

Just KIDDING Gage! You know we love you. Even your mean old Dad loves you... believe it or not. Now you know...DON'T play ping-pong baseball in the house after he has asked you not to. You'll get busted every time. Sorry. I have to back up Dad. But I would still love to have a Mom-Son day. Thanks for asking...Love, Mom

Ashlee said...

Alisa, Hi! I am having a open house for my Scentsy products on November 1 which is Saturday from 10-2 come and go. I would love to have you come and support me.Bring along friends! If you have any questions or need my address, just email me back or leave me a comment. My email is adurham17@cox.net thanks, Ashlee

Ashlee said...

Hello, I just saw your comment on my blog. You can email me your card number, that would be easiest. Perfect timing, I have a order I was going to place either tonight or tomorrow. How many do you want? Give me all the details. my email is adurham17@cox.net

Ashlee said...

Alisa,
Ok, I am not placing the order until Monday afternoon, because my doctors wife is going to order from me, and I have an appt on monday morning, so after that I will order. So just email me the info, and how many you want. Dont forget to include the security code on the back of the card, and your address. Thank you so much. Do you know anybody else who would like to order?

Charlotte said...

Hey, Alisa, haven't visited blog in a long time. Sorry, I was sorta boycotting it through the summer. Anyways, I forgot what a nerd you were, LOL! It's ok, so was I! Though, I would not of paid $$ to go see them, oh wait I was the drunk girl next to you, glad you didn't recognize me, HA, HA,
J/K!!! Love to see you sometime!

Jill said...

This post made me laugh so hard! Everytime I need a good laugh all I have to do is b stock you and Mindy! You guys crack me up! Your kids are so cute and so funny! Glad I found you!

Kristi said...

Happy happy birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Team Dana said...

That Jon is a fool! He could have had you two all those years ago. Joey and Jason are the luckiest guys... you two were definitely the hottest babes there! :)