Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Waffles for dinner?

Yes! Waffles for dinner! I got a waffle maker for my birthday (thanks Mom and Dad) and I was eager to try it out. Mornings can be somewhat rushed and chaotic so I thought I would try out my new waffle maker tonight for dinner. First, I read the instruction booklet from cover to cover. It's the only responsible thing to do.
Then the girls helped me mix up the batter. The booklet that came with the waffle maker had all kinds of interesting and delicious sounding recipes for batter. Unfortunately, I waited until the kids were starving to start dinner so I just used the recipe on the back of the pancake package. I plan on making some of the homemade waffles very soon.

Waiting....waiting....
A perfect waffle in only one minute! Are you kidding me?
I think the smiles speak for themselves.....

Thanks Mom and Dad for my new toy. I love it!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Waffles for dinner are a staple at our home. Delicious!

The Brereton Family! said...

Yum ,we love waffles for dinner!! What a great present

shannon said...

Pancakes and waffles are my absolute favorite food group. What you say....it's not a food group? Well it should be.
Love keeping up on you be reading your blog.
Your family sounds like a dream! Hope Joey's face gets better quickly.