Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Strawberry Jam Anyone?

This morning I got a call from my mom telling me that Albertsons had strawberries on sale. She wanted to know if I wanted to come over and make jam with her. Um....YES! How can you pass up homemade strawberry jam? Well, you can't! So the kids and I went over to help. They each had a job to do....
Avery was in charge of cutting the washed strawberries into smaller pieces.Drey was in charge of blending it all up.Delly was the quality control person. She "tasted" quite a few just to make sure they were up to our standards.They were so delicious and it was almost a shame to blend them up!

The kids had so much fun making jam. Drey wants to open a store so he can just make jam all day and sell it!
Did I mention that I love STRAWBERRY JAM!?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey!!!! Where's my jar of delicious strawberry jam? looks like you all had a fun time. I'm glad to see your mom's doing better. We leave for camping tomorrow and I'm so sad we didn't get the girls together! Maybe some weekend? Take care and enjoy the rest of your time off!

Stacy said...

Yummy!

The Richards said...

Wow looks yummy! I wish i had someone who made me can, i am like uh whats wrong with the jam from the store, takes no time and no thinking on my part, maybe i just need to be taught how to can! HAHA

Britttany said...

ummm! i love strawberry jam too! tell drey i will be his first customer!