Saturday, October 17, 2009

One Lucky FUTURE Mrs.Harris!!

Drey LOVES to cook. He's my little helper in the kitchen. If I teach him to make something once, from then on he can make it on his own. So far, he can make spaghetti and meatballs, scrambled eggs, bacon, blueberry muffins, grilled cheese sandwiches, pancakes and biscuits. This has come in handy on more than one occasion when I've been deep in my studies. I can just say "Hey Drey, wanna hook up the family with some scrambled eggs and bacon for dinner?" Nine times out of ten he jumps at the chance and makes a delicious dinner. Today Drey wanted to learn how to make cinnamon rolls...from scratch. It's quite a process and I was sure he would lose interest somewhere along the way but he didn't! I let him do each step and now that he knows...I have no doubt he can make them on his own in the future. (Pretty good investment of a few hours of my time if you ask me.)

He rolled out the dough...this part was hard for him to focus on JUST rolling out the dough and not forming it into volcanoes or submarines.

He then applied the cinnamon/sugar mixure....don't worry I made sure he washed his hands well through the entire process.He rolled them up and cut them into the right sizes to let them rise.... While we were letting the rolls rise, I taught him how to make the perfect frosting.Once they were all done cooking Drey put the finishing touches on his afternoons work....All done!!! Our house smells of heaven right now. After dinner and baths tonight we all tasted Drey's work to see how he did. I'm not joking or exaggerating when I say that they were the BEST tasting cinnamon rolls I think I have ever tasted! Cinnabon has nothing on Drey! Once we were all done Drey said "Mom, when I get married I'm gonna make my wife homemade cinnamon rolls and spell out 'I love you' with the dough." Thus the title of my post....that's gonna be one lucky lady!
It's going to take every ounce of willpower that I have to not go in and partake of another one. Ok...I'm not gonna lie...I'm eating another one.

2 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

I'm impressed! I've never attempted making cinnamon rolls...probably cuz they are not my favorite. OK! It might also be cuz I know they are a lot of work and I HATE to cook.

But I am a lucky lady...my husband loves to cook. Too bad it is only on the weekends.

Stacy said...

MMmmm and they were SO good too! Thanks Drey!