Friday, February 26, 2010

That's My Boy Right There...


It's always a proud moment for me when Drey is willing (and able) to get up in front of hundreds of people and play piano in a recital. Maybe because the memory of the stark terror I felt when I had to perform in piano recitals is still pretty vivid. My hatred of "the recital" is the reason I quit taking lessons when I was a youngster. I wish I could have kept taking lessons and not had to perform but I guess that kind of defeats the purpose of learning...which would be to play for people! Anyways, tonight was Drey's piano recital where he performed Minuet in G by Bach. He did awesome, like he always does. It makes the whole year of harping on him to practice and driving him to lessons at 7AM on Thursday mornings before school and paying $50 a month all worth it. This one night every year is what motivates me to continue doing it for ANOTHER year.













Drey has the perfect piano teacher. And I'm not just saying that because she's my friend. She knows just how to handle Drey..and motivate him. We were lucky that she was willing to take Drey into her very busy piano lesson schedule. I'm one proud mama tonight....

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Congrtas to Drey!!! What a talent! I wish I would have have stuck with my piano lessons too!!!

Mombee said...

Who is the gray haired woman in the blue blouse?

ducklips said...

What an awesome kid! So glad he did great at his recital. We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I love the close up shot of the boy in the white shirt. When I saw him I wanted to get a closer look at him so I downloaded the hi res shot and opened him life size on my monitor. WOW! The picture is so clear and sharp I could see every detail and feature of his looks. I have some very good looking boys on display life size in my home in my large digital displays and I really love their pictures. The boys are without a doubt the best looking and prettiest pictures I have and I love walking into the room and seeing them life size!

The best part this picture is the boy appeared to be directly in front of me and looked as though I could reach up and touch him if I wanted. I really like that. The thought of touching him or perhaps leaning close to him and kissing him on the mouth, the cheek or the bare part of his chest and neck was exciting but very embarrassing. I could actually feel myself blushing a little when I was looking at him. Since I was alone with him in my room I managed to get over it! I might display him life size this evening when I get ready for bed and when I turn down the lights maybe walk up to him and get a little something going on. Perhaps lean close and kiss his mouth and those lips of his. I bet having some quiet intimacy with him before bed will be fun and relaxing!