Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping trip with Grandpa

Gage absolutely LOVES to go camping but unfortunately Joey is not a big fan. Ever since Gage came back from Scout camp (back in June) he has been begging to go camping. I guess he figured he would have a better shot at going if he hit up his Grandpa to take him. He was right! The kid is no dummy! He asked my dad on a Sunday and the very next Friday he took off work and took both our boys up to Riggs lake for a campout. Joey was going to suck it up and go with them (he says) but unfortunately (ya right) he had some meetings that he had to go to (uh-huh). My brother Brandon and his son Noah came along as well to join in the rain..I mean fun. Thank goodness they did because my brother took 197 pictures! Yeah! It was hard to choose which ones to post!Avery and Delly have been using Gage's tent as a "rocket ship" so somehow it got a big rip in it. Sorry Gage. My bad. We had to go buy a new tent and Gage was worried that he would have trouble setting it up. Looks like they did it okay. I heard that it rained ALOT but it looks like they had some dry spells.


I LOVE the picture of Gage above. It makes me wonder what is going on in that mind of his. He looks so introspective. I wish I could crawl into his head and look around a bit.

Who is that kid in the yellow sweatshirt that is being difficult and not posing for the picture? Cause I know that NO kid of mine would behave in such a fashion!
Thanks Dad A MILLION times! The boys had the greatest time...even Drey. Sorry if he gave you a run for your money....it's good for you. It builds character. BK- thanks for the AWESOME pictures! Love it!




2 comments:

Kristi said...

Camping is the best! We still need to go sometime! We can change Joey's mind:) It looks like some great men bonding time!

Alisa said...

We're in! I'm pretty sure I can wear him down and get my way. He likes it when I'm happy:)