Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 15th Anniversary!


On July 9th, 1993 two dorky kids went into the temple in Mesa, Arizona and were sealed for time and all eternity. I was 18 and Joey was 23. First of all, who gets married at 18 years old!!?? I started dating him when I was 17! My girls better never try to pull a stunt like that! But I had to do what I had to do to be able to snag Joey for myself. My mom told me "Don't date a return missionary unless you're ready to get married." I was like "Oh brother, Mom. It's just a date. There's no way I'm getting married." A year later I was putting on my wedding dress! Turns out Mom wasn't as clueless as I thought! I can hardly believe that it's been 15 years since that day! I remember it like it was yesterday. Literally. Some things you just don't forget. I remember crying so hard during the ceremony...uncontrollably...I couldn't stop. I was so mad because I had spent so much time on getting my makeup just perfect! And then I had to go take pictures right after! It was just so overwhelming. It still is if I really think hard about it. Eternity is a long time after all. We had a great day today...just hanging out..just the two of us. Today is also my parents 37th wedding anniversary! Yes, we got married on the same day as them..just 22 years later. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

Brandon Beecroft said...

I remember that day. I also remember telling you, "don't get married until I get home from my mission." Fortunately for you it worked out. Otherwise I would have to tell you I told you so.

Congrats on 15. :)

Kristi said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It's hard to believe we're old enough to be married that long! I stil think I'm in my 20's! I guess those days are long gone!

Alisa said...

BK-Don't blame me! I wanted to wait for you! Joey's the one that was impatient! Sorry about that.

Kristi- I'm just glad we could still be friends after I made you wear that hideous bridesmaid dress!

Unknown said...

Hi alisa! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I was so excited to hear from you!! I don't check it very often, so it's taken me a while to comment back. Your family is so beautiful! I CANNOT believe your oldest is 12! I am feeling very old! Keep in touch!
love, shelly haggarton