Friday, July 11, 2008

Family Date Night


Tonight was Friday night and this night is usually reserved for Joey and I to go on a date. However, we just went out two days ago for our anniversary so we decided to have a family date night instead. The kids were SO happy to get to go and do something out of the house! We decided to head over to Golfland where we proceeded to eat some surprisingly tasty pizza, played video games and a round of goofy golfing. Of course, the boys are so competitive that we can't just play for fun...there has to be a prize! After much debate, it was agreed that the winner of the 18 holes would NOT have to participate in the weekly Saturday chores in the morning. The winner could watch TV or play videogames while the rest of us do all the cleaning. This was a MAJOR prize for our kids...who think that Saturday morning chores are a horrible form of torture. I'm a big fan of Saturday mornings...but that's just me. We proceeded to start the game and right off the bat Drey was out of the running for the prize. He was so frustrated with himself so he announced that he was just playing for "fun". He wasn't really "trying" to win. That's why he wasn't doing well. He wasn't "trying." It was pretty funny! By the end it was a close call between Joey and Gage. Gage wanted it SO bad but Joey came through for me and won the game! YES! I have all my slaves...I mean workers in the morning! It would be especially hard to lose Gage who does jobs that the other kids are too young to do. It was a fun night and the kids are all worn out. They went right to bed when we got home with no stalling or complaints. That was worth it right there!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Golfland is so much fun! My kids love to go there. Looks like you had a great time. Olive Garden sounds sooooo good! The sooner the better for me too because Jason is still home. The only day I can't is Tuesday. Let me know what works for you.

ducklips said...

What a fun date night, and may I add that you are a brave soul for taking all your kids to golfland. I am very impressed with your parenting skills and letting your kids think there might be a chance of getting out of Saturday morning chores.

Kristi said...

Friday at 11:30 sounds great. Olive Garden on Gilbert? If not let me know. See ya then!

Britttany said...

seriously i enjoy your family blog so much. you guys always seem to enjoy life and each others company so much! what a fun night, and your kids are stikin cute.