Saturday, August 23, 2008

FIRST game of the season!!



Gage has been so excited for today. He is playing in two leagues this fall..the regular league he has always been in and also a competitive travel league. Today was his first game at the Field of Dreams. Last night he came in our room and woke us up because he wanted to take some Tylenol PM. He was so excited he couldn't sleep! Of course I said "absolutely not"! When he woke up this morning he said he didn't sleep all night and to top it off I could tell he was sick. He was congested and coughing. He kept telling me he was fine and he didn't feel sick at all. I'm not stupid, however, and I know a sick kid when I see one. Finally he said "Mom, do I still get to play if I'm sick?" I told him that he could if he wanted to so he admitted that he was indeed not feeling good. I made him rest all morning and then gave him some medicine right before we left for the games (he had back to back games today). Right after I gave it to him I realized that I had done a not-so-smart thing in giving him medicine that would make him REALLY drowsy an hour before he had to pitch in the opening game! Crap! He pitched well at first but then you could tell something was wrong. He was moving really slow and I KNEW he was probably feeling pretty loopy out there. I feel so bad! I was only trying to help! Joey was appalled at me. Sorry! Geez! The coach pulled him out and let him rest a couple innings which was good. The Field of Dreams (is that what it's called?) is really nice. They have indoor seating with air conditioning (wonderful) and a snack bar (awful.. because it's a rip off...so expensive...plus they have Diet Pepsi instead of Diet Coke!) and an arcade to keep the kids busy. It's way different than sitting out in the heat on the burning hot bleachers like we're used to! My mom and dad and Tia came to support Gage. They all got a good laugh out of my misjudgement with the cold medicine. Ha Ha. I get it. I'm retarded.

2 comments:

Brandon Beecroft said...

Geez hanny, if you didn't want the kid to go to the game you should have been honest with him instead of trying to drug him! Sheesh. And what is up with a dirt infield and a grass mound? Field of dreams? I think not.

Good luck Gage! You thought your opposition was going to be tough, your really should watch out for your mom!

:)

Alisa said...

I know...Bad Mom Alert! Don't knock the feild of dreams. It's pretty sweet. Hopefully our family will be allowed back after Drey "accidentally" broke one of the scoreboards! Bless his heart.

Hey...where's the family pictures? Don't act like you're all busy or something.