Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Road Trip!


Justin, Mindy, Tia and myself had to go to Idaho this week to paint a door. Most of my peeps already know that my sisters and I do faux finishing on custom made iron doors. Justin sells them. We paint them. We've been doing this over two years. We've had to go to far away lands like Heber and Showlow, Arizona to paint doors but never as far away as Idaho. I personally have never been to Idaho so it was an adventure. Road trips can be fun but especially long road trips can be torture. Nevertheless, I learned a lot of things on this trip...

I learned....

1. Swedish Fish claim to be "A Fat Free Food". This doesn't mean that you can consume an enormous portion of them and then proceed to sit and do NOTHING for hours and hours and not actually get fat. (My painting jeans were fitting a little snug when we finally arrived in Idaho.)

2. Mindy doesn't feel comfortable on a journey unless she has an Atlas within easy reach in which she can track our progress.


3. When starving, Justin can survive on sugar packets.


4. Idaho sells live bait from vending machines! That's just weird to me. Is that weird to anyone else?

5. When Mindy says she's going to share a large order of french fries with you what she really means is she will eat one or two and let you eat the rest because she doesn't like french fries. You think you know someone!


6. According to Mindy, I'm a good traveling partner. We spent many, many hours together in the back seat of the truck. She enjoyed the fact that I keep my space organized and litter free. You're welcome.

7. I'm too retarded to make waffles. The homeowners (of the door) put us up in a hotel that had the BEST waffles for breakfast. You had to make them yourself which seems easy enough until I made the biggest mess of it. Oops... they were SO GOOD!


8. Costa Vida is delicious. Unless you find a feather in your salad. Then it sucks. After painting until 9:00 p.m. one night we decided to eat at Costa Vida. It was tasting like a dream until poor Tia discovered a feather in her salad. I tried to keep eating my salad and ignore her find but it was hard because she kept poking at it and examining it. Pretty soon we all lost our appetite. I'm sure it's okay. Birds are pretty clean, right?



9. Mindy has to sit on the RIGHT side of the truck. I was happy to oblige. She started off on the left side but couldn't bear it.

10.I love the smell of tape! Oh wait. I already know that about myself. Mainly I enjoy Scotch tape but painters tape smells great too. Weird. I know. Sometimes I get caught sniffing tape. Whatever....we all have our issues.



BEFORE PIX:




AFTER PIX: (The faux finish doesn't show up too well in the picture. We did a bronze patina which turned out lovely.)
It was an exhausting four days but I finally got to see Idaho! We wanted to go river rafting while we were there but it wasn't meant to be....maybe next time!

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Did you say this was Work? Looks like you had a little too much fun!
I can't believe the FEATHER! What in the world!!!! Costa Vida was my favorite until I read that! I'm going to have a hard time eating there now.