Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Tile!!! Finally!

So I'm finally getting around to doing my "new tile"post! Joey is gone again (for the fourth weekend in a row!! ) and the kids are in bed and I'm bored...so I decided to finally post my tile pix. My camera is still messed up but I did get a few pictures to upload. As most of you know, I have lived with the UGLIEST white linoleum for many years. I hated it. No, I loathed it. No, those words don't do my feelings justice... I despised it with my whole soul! It was impossible to keep clean, even after mopping it looked bad. I was saving up for hardwood flooring but something would always come up and the floor money would have to be redirected. Finally, I said "no more linoleum" I'm done. I went to the tile shop ( because it's cheaper than hardwood) and bought it. The next day, my dad and brother-in-law Justin came over and installed it for us. Oh yeah- Joey helped, too. I have to give credit where credit is due. He didn't WANT to lay tile on his Saturday off....but he loves me immensely and knows how much I wanted it. So, I got my tile and I LOVE IT! I don't have to mop everyday! I feel free!





Even Gage helped! Thanks to all who were willing to work for Filibertos burritos and Pepsi!! The finished product is so gorgeous! I forgot to take "before pictures" of the bathrooms so you just have to picture ugly white linoleum in there instead of beautiful tile. I didn't take a picture of the front entryway and the pantry (I forgot) but those also have new tile as well! Yea!!! I love it!
Next, I'm going to refinish all the cabinets in a chocolate brown color. It's going to look gorgeous! If only I could get Joey to stay home one of these weekends!!!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

It looks like a model home now, gorgeous! And thanks for cropping out Justins "tile crack"!

ducklips said...

Congratulations! I love the new tile. Thanks for having my son over the same day you were doing that as well. I think he thought it was pretty funny to have to jump over all the moved stuff.

I can't wait to see the new cabinets.

Kristi said...

That looks beautiful! It's been too long since I've been to your home. I love it!! It makes me want to "re-do" my house! I found your cell phone #. I'll call you so we can do lunch.

Coartney Wright said...

oh my gosh i LOVE your home!! it looks great, i havent been to you home in sooo long i want to see it up close. and the chocolate colored cabinets are such great idea nick and i have been thinking about that too!! it looks awesome alisa!! and where the heck is joey off to all the time?

Coartney Wright said...

sooo i know i already commented on your home but....... i lOVE it i cant stop checking it out! so cute!