Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gage's BIG Weekend...

Well, it finally has happened. My baby boy, my firstborn little boy who used to carry a tattered little "bankie" around and suck his thumb, my little Gagey Lou has decided to ignore his mother and continue to grow up. I keep trying to get my kids to slow down on the growing up thing but they just won't. I knew Gage was getting older and more mature but this weekend it really hit me... he's not a boy anymore, he's a young man. He hit the big "12" on Saturday. I feel so OLD that I have a child old enough to pass the Sacrament and go to MUTUAL! What!? This cannot be! It's outrageous! I mean we all know Joey is old...but me?

Gage wanted to have a few of his buddies over to celebrate his new status as "young man". He decided he wanted to have a sleepover...I got in trouble for calling it a "slumber party". Gage said " Mom! It's not a slumber party! It's a sleepover!" Sorry! I didn't know! I asked him if I should get a pinata and he looked at me like I was nuts! He was like " Are you kidding me right now, Mom? You're joking, right?" When did he outgrow pinatas? So some of his buddies came over and Joey took them all out to eat at In-N-Out Burger...Gage's absolute favorite place to eat. Then he took them all to the mall to scope out the chicks I guess! My baby boy!!! It can't be!! I won't allow it! They felt pretty cool being with Joey, who is the king of Hamilton, and can be pretty fun to hang out with. After the mall, they came back and played video games and watched movies all night long. The next day they ran around doing boy stuff, I'm not sure what because I couldn't keep track of them. They were in and out of the house all day until about 2 when Gage had to go to baseball practice. He has great friends.. it was so fun to watch them all together and eavesdrop on what boys talk about. It was a crack up!


Sunday was a big day for Gage. He wanted a suit for his birthday so we got him one. When he put it on, I could barely stand it! He looked so grown up! Thank you to all of our family members who came...you know who you are....to watch Gage receive the Priesthood. He felt so loved and special...so THANK YOU! It was important to him and we appreciate all the support!

Drey took all these pictures and did a surprisingly good job! That's why he's not in them!

5 comments:

The Rich-Ardos said...

Congrats Gage...you're the coolest. Keep on keeping on!

ducklips said...

Congrats to Gage!
Who knew that pinatas were just for kids. I was just commenting to a friend yesterday that I wanted a pinata at my next birthday party.

Jeppesen Family said...

Hey! This is Kassidi (Stapley) I saw your blog on Courtney's. Just thought I'd see how you guys are doing, and I can't believe your kids are so grown up! It's amazing! I remember Joey talking about Gage in class when he was a baby, and now he's 12?! Well, it's awesome, and your family is so beautiful!

Kristi said...

The big 12! I know how you feel! Logan will be a TEENAGER in July!
Where has the time gone? Were'nt we just silly girls ourselves making up dance routines in my bedroom! Good times! Anyway, Congratulations Gage!

Jeppesen Family said...

Sorry, I'm leaving two comments on one post :)
But I wanted to tell you Robin is doing great! She's finally a stay at home Mom and she just went through the temple to recieve her endowments! I'm so sad though, b/c I've been in Las Vegas watching my aunt Camille's kids, so I missed it. But hopefully she'll be sealed to Justin and her kids soon, and I'll be there for that.
Also, no, she doesn't have a blog yet. We've talked about it and she said the reason she doesn't have one is she doesn't think she could keep up with it. I believe her b/c she never checks her email and any time I call their house and get voicemail the mailbox is full. She's crazy. As you probably know :)
I'll tell her you said hi! She'll probably love to hear from you!