Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fathers and Sons Campout

This weekend was Fathers and Sons. Now if any of you know Joey very well you know that he HATES camping! This is something that he just did to make the boys happy so I have to give him props for that! The last time we went camping as a family I think Gage was about 4 and Drey was about one and it rained and was cold and the tent leaked so we slept on wet bedding and then Gage fell out of the hammock and broke his elbow. He was like "Why are we doing this? Camping is NOT fun!" So I haven't been able to get him to do it again. Except for Rocky Point. He does like to camp on the beach. Just not the mountains. I don't know. Anyways, he did take the boys and said that it was actually fun! So thats a start. I may be able to talk him into trying a family campout in the future. We'll have to see..... Drey is a magnet for dirt and grime. None of the other boys in all the pictures look dirty at all and then there's Drey looking like he's not showered in months!
Gage is in Boy Scouts now so we had to buy him a tent for a campout coming up. This weekend the boys were able to try it out...

I'm glad I wasn't there. Drey and fire....um....dangerous combination!I would have been a nervous wreck! I'm sure that Joey was diligent in supervising him and never left him alone even for a minute or started talking to someone and stopped paying attention to him. This is what I tell myself.Leave me alone people! It's how I sleep at night!


3 comments:

The Rich-Ardos said...

Hanny- Remember when Joey would role play before you guys even had kids? He would pretend like he was teaching the fake kids important lessons. "Gage- we don't pick food out of our teeth with a knife!"
"Drey- throwing bullets in a fire is a bad idea! It's just a waste of bullets."

Looks like all that effort paid off...a couple of dirty boys (ok, one dirty boy) and a burnt stick, but they made it through just fine.

Alisa said...

Yes I remember! How could I forget the constant pretend conversations with the pretend children!He was so terrified that he would screw up our children so he "practiced". That's funny. I forgot about that.

Stacy said...

Joey took some great pictures! You have trained him well. I sent my camera with Justin to get some pics at Kims graduation and all I got was 4 fuzzy pictures and a video of a dog jumping.