Saturday, May 24, 2008

Perfect Attendance!


For the second year in a row, Drey had perfect attendance! The kid almost never gets sick! And when he does he usually doesn't say anything about it. He just goes on with his day. Usually, I don't know he's even sick. He doesn't say anything or complain or whine at all! It sounds good but sometimes it's not. Sometimes I need to know he's ill so I can take care of him. A few years ago he said " Mom, I can't really swallow." I was like "Really? Let me see." I looked in his throat and saw massive swelling and redness. I immediately took him to the doctor who took one look in his throat and told us we needed to get to the hospital ASAP because Drey's tonsils were SO bad that his airway was about to be completely closed because of the swelling. We went to the hospital where they did an emergency tonsilectomy to open his airway. The doctor was like "Why didn't you bring him in sooner!!?" I told him that Drey never mentioned feeling sick until that morning. He looked at me like I was lying. He said "This kid has been sick for a long time for it to get this bad." I felt so bad for not noticing he was sick but he REALLY never said anything about it. He's just tough. He probably was sick this year sometime but I just never noticed and sent him to school. I'm a really good Mom, huh? It's all good because he got a certificate for a free frozen yogurt from Jubilee. So we went and celebrated his accomplishment with him. He was pretty proud. He kept telling Gage "You know you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me."

2 comments:

ducklips said...

Congratulations to Drey. That is awesome. I actually have a picture of Drey getting his certificate from Mrs. Jane for you. Send me your email and I will send it to you.

photo@hirdfam.com

The Rich-Ardos said...

Dean needs to learn from Drey. I'm pretty sure he missed at least a little school each week...sometimes most of the week. I thought it was never too early to ditch. Am I wrong?