Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to my MAN!

I'm usually not into alot of "mushy" corny expressions of love. But today on Joey's birthday I feel like he deserves a tribute of some sort. So bear with me.....

Top 10 reasons why I love Joe Edwin Harris II...in no particular order.......


1. He loves me.

2. He brings me surprises. Usually in the form of some sort of chocolate or the occasional Apple Cinnamon muffin from Paradise Bakery. I like my surprises!

3. He calls me and texts me all day long to see how I'm doing and to ask what I need from him, whether it's if I need a fresh soda or if he needs to bring home anything from the store or to just tell me that he thinks I'm beautiful.

4.He always compliments me. Even when I'm not around to hear it. I hear from other people all the good things he says about me. It sometimes embarrasses me and I'm not real good with compliments but I'm working on just saying "Thank you" instead of "Shut up."

5.He makes me laugh. He makes me laugh HARD with the occasional need to RUN to the bathroom because I'm laughing so hard.

6. He will admit when he's wrong and apologize for it. Sometimes it takes me awhile to convince him that he's wrong but he always sees the light eventually and will apologize sincerely.

7. He works hard to support our family. At one time in our marraige he was going to school to get a Masters degree, teaching high school, teaching night school at the college and installing satellite dishes on weekends so that I could stay home with the kids and we would have a comfortable life. He works hard.

8.He knows everything about me and he still loves me. He loves me when I'm grumpy, when I'm stressed and not very nice, he loves me when I've gained 60 pounds during a pregnancy, and when I've cut my bangs.

9.He supports me. When I wanted to go back to nursing school, he never complained about how much it's costing or how much I have to be away. When I panic and decide that I'm not smart enough after all he builds me back up and tells me I can do it.

10. He writes me love letter and poems. I have boxes full of them. 16 years worth.

11. ( I know it's the top ten but I have to include this too...cause it's a big one.) He takes me on adventures. He knows how much I love to travel and see the world so he finds a way to make it happen for me. We've been all over the world together...Chile, Mexico, Italy, France, England, Monaco, Spain, Scotland, Greece, Turkey...and of course all over the USA. Below are some of my favorite pictures from our world travels together....

In Paris...the city of love!This is us in Paris in front of the Louvre.......................Disregard the crazy person. Some people.
In Scotland at Loch Ness....looking for Nessie!

On the top of Mars Hill in Athens............. Some where in the south of France at some cool Roman Aquaducts...........

Kidnapping me and taking me into a castle at Carcassonne (France).......
In front of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain.........
In front of Buckingham Palace in London...................
My favorite picture of all time is of us in Rome but I can't find it! Oh well... you get the idea.... we've seen a lot and been through a lot together and I wouldn't want to have these adventures with anyone else!He's my bestest friend in the whole world! I LOVE YOU JOEY! (There, I was mushy and corny and I survived)





7 comments:

Stacy said...

I go throw up now...I mean...Oh, how sweet! Happy Birthday Joey!!

The Rich-Ardos said...

awwwww...

Kristi said...

What a great guy! Happy Birthday!

ducklips said...

What fun adventures you've been on. I love your top 11 list. Don't be afraid of the corn. Life would be so depressing without it.

Happy Birthday Joey.

megan said...

i love your pictures. It always looks like you and Joey are having the best time together

August and Melissa said...

Hola Joey- It's Melissa Goebel (use to be Smith) How are you doing? My brother, Jason Smith, just got back from Barcelona, Spain last week from his mission! It is so exciting to have him home and speak to us in Spainish. We need to come see you and you two can talk all about Spain. My whole family is going there next week to tour and have Jason show us around. We want to go to nearby countries as well. Where are the best places to go? Let us know!

August and Melissa said...

Hi Alisa- Yes I recognized you- I thought you didn't know me though- Ha! Good to hear from you- Ok we will definitely check out all those places- We are leaving in a week and haven't planned anything yet! YIKES- anyways. Thanks- I'm sure we will have fun anywhere like you said! See ya later!