Wednesday, May 7, 2008

FHE at the Temple

I thought I posted these pictures already but I guess I hit the "Save Now" button instead of the "Publish Post" button. Whoops! Oh well- a little late but still cute!


For Family Home Evening this week we went out to dinner at Someburros (dee-lish) with Joeys mom and then we went to the temple. I just happened to have my camera with me so I got some cute shots of the kids and Granny Harris.

We went in to the temple visitor center to see if we could see a movie but none were playing. When we walked in Delly saw the huge statue of Christ and said "Too big Jesus!" and tried to run out the door. Joey had to hold her because she was so scared. She wouldn't look, just kept her head buried in his chest. We listened to the little message that is given and I looked over at Drey and tears are streaming down his face! I thought "What happened? Did I miss something? I thought he must have acted out in some way and got a thump on the head from his Dad while I wasn't paying attention. So the little presentation ended and I went over to him and said "Drey? What's wrong?" And he said "I don't know!! I think I feel the Spirit or something!" It made me want to laugh! That boy has such a hard shell on the outside that I forget what a soft inside he has. He's like a turtle...or an M & M! Joey talked to him about what he was feeling for awhile and then we proceeded further into the visitors center to see the Reflections of Christ exhibit. That was pretty sweet!
The girls were being quite disruptive (weird, I know) so I took them outside while everyone else wandered around for a bit longer. We saw quite a few couples taking pictures and Avery LOVED seeing the "princesses" in the white dresses. I think a good time was had by all.
I

2 comments:

The Rich-Ardos said...

Glad to see you're alive enough to post...

Drey is definitely a turtle or maybe a Cadbery Creme Egg, or maybe an armadillo, not sure because he's a hard nut to crack...it's nice to be reminded of his squishy innards occasionally.

Alisa said...

I'm barely alive...i'm not gonna lie. I haven't had "silent despair" in a long time. Next time your painting with Tia and she says "Hey..I have an idea...." just walk away.